Monday, April 14, 2014

Buying a Pizza stone is worth every penny

A few weeks back I shared my recipe for homemade pizza. In my post in gave my method of first cooking the dough on a hot stove top to crisp the bottom before finishing the pizza in the oven. While I stand by this method as a great way to make amazing pizza in your own home, I recently got a pizza stone and I can't tell you the world of difference it makes.

Using my pizza dough and sauce recipe, place your pizza stone in a cold oven and preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Sounds like a high temperature but trust me. Allow the stone to heat in the oven at 500 degrees for a good 20 minutes before you're ready to throw your first pizza in. Use some flour or cornmeal on the bottom of your pizza to prevent it from sticking and carefully slide the pizza onto the hot stone. In only a few minutes time you'll see the dough turn golden brown and you'll have a perfectly home cooked pizza. Pizza stones range in price so find one that fits in your budget. The stone will pay for itself in a very short amount of time!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how well they work. Thanks for the tip!

    The pizza looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt think your pizza recipe could get any better!

    ReplyDelete